Vitamin A quinoa Salad
- 1.5 cups dried Quinoa
- 500 ml Liquid Gold Bone Broth
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 300 grams butternut pumpkin, baked with olive oil and diced in cubes (roughly 2cm)
- 2 carrots, baked with olive oil and diced in cubes (roughly 2cm)
- 2 cup baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1.5 tablespoons cashews
How to prepare quinoa
- Unless its marked as rinsed, it will need to be covered in a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes to remove outer shell and then rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer with cool water for 30 seconds. Drain excess water and transfer quinoa to a cooking pot.
- Add 500ml of Liquid Gold Bone Broth, 250ml water with 1.5 cup dry quinoa and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, so liquid simmers. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and grain is tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow cooked quinoa to sit and stay covered for at least 5 minutes.
How to prepare other ingredients:
- Add olive oil to a medium sized pan at medium heat, and add onions.
- Once onions have softened add cooked pumpkin, cooked carrots, spinach, cashews and cooked quinoa to pan and gently mix and heat through till spinach has wilted.
- Mix all ingredients together, serve & enjoy