Summer Quinoa Salad
- 1.5 cups dried Quinoa
- 500 ml Liquid Gold Bone Broth
- 200 grams fetta, crumbled or cubed
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, baked with olive oil and diced in cubes (roughly 2cm)
- 5 cup baby spinach, rinsed
- 1 cup salad greens, rinsed
- 1 avocado diced in cubes
How to prepare quinoa
- Unless its marked as rinsed, it will need to be covered in a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes to remove outer shell and then rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer with cool water for 30 seconds. Drain excess water and transfer quinoa to a cooking pot.
- Add 500ml of Liquid Gold Bone Broth, 250ml water with 1.5 cup dry quinoa and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, so liquid simmers. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and grain is tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow cooked quinoa to sit and stay covered for at least 5 minutes.
How to prepare salad:
- Add baby spinach, salad greens, cooked sweet potato, avocado and fetta with cooked quinoa in a large bowl
- Mix all ingredients together, serve & enjoy