Spaghetti Bolognese Meatballs
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Serves: 6 serves
- Olive oil for cooking
- 650g beef mince
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ onion diced
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 2 tablespoons almond flour or gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 300 ml Liquid Gold Bone Broth
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Himalayan Salt
- 350ml tomato based pasta sauce (Passata used)
- 5-6 medium zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- Chopped parsley for serving
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
How to make meatballs
- Combine beef mince, cheese Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, onions and garlic together. Stir in the eggs, almond flour and fresh herbs until just combined.
- Lightly oil your hands and roll round forming into 1.5″ balls
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the meatballs in a single layer and cook for 8-10 minutes, browning on all sides. Transfer to paper-lined plate and repeat, if necessary with remaining meatballs.
How to make sauce
(can make a homemade tomato sauce using tomato paste and crushed/diced tomatoes)
- Discard oil and wipe down the same skillet. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil on medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic and cook until softened and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper. Add tomato based sauced, broth, oregano and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and simmer gently until sauce thickens about 20 minutes. Stir in basil and adjust seasonings as needed. Add the cooked meatballs and simmer, until heated through.
How to make zucchini noodles:
- Spiralize zucchini using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler into noodles. At this point, you can divide into bowls if serving raw.
- To cook zoodles, lightly oil a pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and sauté for 1-2 minutes or slightly softened but still tender. Do not overcook.
- Transfer to bowls and spoon sauce and meatballs over zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.