- 500 ml Liquid Gold Bone Broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500 gram beef mince
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 onion diced
- 1 large squash diced
- ½ zucchini diced
- ½ carrot diced
- 1 celery stick diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 200 gram tomato based pasta sauce (Passata used)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste with herbs
- 800 grams peeled potato cubed
- 70-80 gram butter
- 200 ml milk
- 200 gram grated cheese
- Himalayan Salt
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add beef mince and cook, stirring to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until beef changes colour. Add celery, carrot, squash, zucchini and cook, for a few more minutes.
2. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until combined. Add bone broth, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, Passata and tomato paste. Add oregano and Italian herbs, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile: cook potato in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return to the pan with the butter. Use a potato masher or fork to mash until smooth. Add milk, butter and use a wooden spoon to stir until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4. Preheat oven to 200C. Spoon beef mixture into a 2L (8-cup) capacity ovenproof baking dish, or use four individual ovenproof serving dishes. Top with mashed potato and use a fork to spread over beef mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until mashed potato is golden brown. Serve immediate, can season with oregano.