- 1.5 cups quiona
- 500 ml bone broth
- 2 cups leafy greens (baby spinach, rocket)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 small Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 3/4 can corn kernels
- 1 lemon (to squeeze)
- 2 tablespoons olive (to dress)
- balsamic vinegar (to dress)
How to prepare quinoa
- Unless its marked as rinsed, it will need to be covered in a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes to remove outer shell and then rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer with cool water for 30 seconds. Drain excess water and transfer quinoa to a cooking pot.
- Add 500ml of Liquid Gold Bone Broth, 250ml water with 1.5 cup dry quinoa and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, so liquid simmers. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and grain is tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow cooked quinoa to sit and stay covered for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside in a bowl
How to prepare other ingredients:
1. Place all other ingredients (greens, red onions, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, corn) in the bowl with quinoa.
2. Add dressings and mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Serve in bowls with a squeeze of lemon
Optional: Add a protein source such as shredded chicken breast, shredded turkey breast or beef strips.