Quick, easy & light
- 2.5 L Liquid Gold Chicken bone Broth (can use 500 ml of water instead of 500 ml bone broth, but recommend using all bone broth)
- 4cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and halved
- 5 coriander roots, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 bunches choy sum, trimmed
- Asian chilli jam, micro coriander leaves and bean sprouts, to serve
- Place the bone broth, water, ginger, lemongrass, coriander roots, garlic, lime leaves and fish sauce in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken and cook for 8–10 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Remove the chicken and thinly slice. Strain the soup, discarding solids, and return to the saucepan.
- Add the choy sum and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Divide the soup between bowls, and top with the chicken, chili jam, coriander and bean sprouts to serve.
Recipe inspired by Donna Hay, image by Donna Hay