Lamb & vegetable quinoa salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dried Quinoa
- 500 ml Liquid Gold Bone Broth
- 400 grams lamb backstrap, sliced
- 1/3 cup broccolini, diced
- 1/3 cup beans, diced
- 1/3 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, diced
- Salt, pepper
- Garnish: Continental parsley
How to prepare quinoa
- Unless its marked as rinsed, it will need to be covered in a bowl of cold water for 2 minutes to remove outer shell and then rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer with cool water for 30 seconds. Drain excess water and transfer quinoa to a cooking pot.
- Add 500ml of Liquid Gold Bone Broth, 250ml water with 1.5 cup dry quinoa and bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low, so liquid simmers. Simmer for 15 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed and grain is tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow cooked quinoa to sit and stay covered for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain any excess liquid of quinoa.
- Transfer quinoa to a larger mixing bowl
How to prepare lamb and vegetables
- Place olive oil in pan on medium heat and add sliced lamb, and diced vegetables.
- Cook until meat is cooked through (or till desired) and vegetables are soft.
- Once these are cooked, transfer to mixing bowl with quinoa and mix all ingredients.
- Season with salt, pepper and garnish with continental parsley