Hearty, nutritious & delicious
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 L Liquid Gold Chicken Bone Broth (can use 500 ml of water instead of 500 ml bone broth, but recommend using all bone broth)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 100g spaghetti, broken into lengths (can use gluten free spaghetti for GF version, or zucchini noodles for low carbohydrate version)
- 2 chicken breast fillets (500g), cut into 1cm strips
- 2 cups (40g) baby spinach leaves
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
- Heat the oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion, garlic and celery and cook, stirring, for 4–5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the bone broth and water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for 5 minutes or until just starting to soften. (if using zucchini noodles add these after the chicken, require short cooking time)
- Add the chicken and cook for a further 4–5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir through the spinach. Sprinkle with pepper and divide between bowls to serve.
Recipe inspired by Donna Hay, image by Donna Hay