Chicken and Vegetable Winter Pot
A great winter recipe the whole family will enjoy or can be meal prepped for this weeks lunches
- 6 (750g) Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tsp Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Olive OIl
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, finely chopped
- 1 medium Leek, thinly sliced
- 3 medium Carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (capsicum), sliced into strips
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
430ml Liquid Gold Chicken Bone Broth
- 750g Baby Potatoes, quartered
- 200g Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of
- 1 small handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Heat oil, over high heat, in a wide, heavy-based pan. When hot add chicken thighs and fry for approx 3 mins on both sides. Remove thighs from the pan and add to the slow cooker.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the cider vinegar. Add the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and leek and saute, on low heat, for approx 3 mins. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the bell pepper (capsicum), oregano, tomato paste, dijon mustard, chicken bone broth and potatoes to the slow cooker.
- Stir to combine; cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours.
- Add the mushroom in the last 30 min - 1 hour of cooking.
- Stir through the lemon juice and fresh parsley before serving.